What Is S.T.E.A.M.?
S.T.E.A.M. is more than just Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts, and Math. It is a movement, a philosophy, and a methodology designed to develop the deepest underpinnings young people need to be competitive in the 21st-century work force. But, it goes far beyond preparing them for specific jobs.
S.T.E.A.M. develops critical thinking, reasoning, teamwork, investigative, and creative skills they can use in all areas of their lives.
And as busy as they will be in this camp, they’ll still have plenty of time to play, socialize, and relax with friends!
What Does A TRUE S.T.E.A.M. Program Look Like? Click Here To See Our S.T.E.A.M. Programs in Action
PLAY. LEARN. PREPARE.
The Learnatory uses S.T.E.A.M. as the vehicle to engage, empower, and educate youth and teens while developing the academic, personal, and professional skills
to successfully meet the challenges of college, careers, and entrepreneurial opportunities.
REGISTER HERE or Call 347-787-0435
Our Mission: Developing the Curiosity to Explore, the Confidence to Discover, and the Character to Lead with Excellence. sm
Our S.T.E.A.M. Services
Six Characteristics of Great S.T.E.A.M. Lessons*
1. Focus on real-world issues and problems.
2. Are guided by the engineering design process.
3. Immerse students in hands-on inquiry and open-ended exploration.
4. Involve students in productive teamwork.
5. Apply rigorous math and science content. Involves art and/or an art teacher as well. Art plays a critical role in product design. Teams will
want their products to be attractive, appealing, and marketable. When the arts are added, the STEM acronym becomes STEAM.
6. Allow for multiple right answers and reframe failure as a necessary part of learning.
We believe people learn best when they are having fun!
* Credit: Education Week Teacher, http://www.edweek.org/tm/articles/2014/06/17/ctq_jolly_stem.html